4.22.2014

Wedding Card Shadow Box

Wedding cards are lovely, thoughtful, and extremely sweet, but what do you do with them afterward?  I've seen some on Pinterest that fill a shadow box with cutouts from each card.  I thought I'd make it my own with a couple of tweaks left over from my own supplies.

Materials:
Shadow box (Already owned extra from prior gift)
Wedding cards (Free!  Don't forget to save them all for something like this.)
Heart punch (Already owned from prior wedding crafts)
Glue roller (Already owned from both scrap-booking and wedding projects)
 Step 1: Open up your frame.  Mine was a square maybe 1/4" or 1/3".

Step 2: You're going to use your hand punch to make hearts in each card.  I LOVE the punches like these where I can just squeeze the handles.  They're way more comfortable for me to use over long periods of time.


This was our stack of cards.  It was fun picking the best spots for the colors.

Step 3: Fold each punched heart in half so it'll have a bit of dimension.  Mr. M was nice enough to do this while I punched.  So sweet!

Step 4: Arrange your hearts on the backing of the shadow box to get ready.  You could use a backing of scrapbook paper but I actually liked the contrast of the black to keep it from being too sweet or cheesy.


Step 5: Glue them down.  I didn't actually take a picture of this step, but it's pretty simple you just roll the glue on one half of each heart.  I actually like how it looked with different sides of each heart glued down so it's a bit more chaotic.

 I didn't actually take a picture with the shadowbox frame on because of the glare.  The lighting wasn't great either, but you get the gist!

Have a beautiful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment